Custodian - Custodial Services - School
Gwinnett County Public Schools
|Job Code: Custodian - 050005||Standard Hours: 40||Department: Custodial Services - School - 262000||Empl Class: NA|
|Minimum Salary: $15,297.00/Annually|| Maximum Salary: $32,780.00/Annually|| Scheduled Days: 246|| Target Openings: 1|
; opacity:.8;'>License and Certification Qualifications: Valid Georgia Class C Driver's License preferred.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Industrial or commercial cleaning experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability and willingness to learn and proficiently perform the custodial care skills and tasks of the Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Custodial Care Program and other general custodial practices; ability to hear, understand, and follow oral instructions given in the English language; ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 6th grade level, such as safety instructions, use and disposal instructions on custodial product labels, GCPS Custodial Toolbox training materials, and other forms, documents, or notes provided by the supervisor or other designated supervisory staff; and ability to work effectively as part of an assigned custodial team.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining assigned areas of school facilities in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition and performing duties according to the GCPS Custodial Care Program and as instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
1. Perform assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks of the GCPS Custodial Care Program that are on the schedule provided by the designated supervisor in a proficient manner.
2. Utilize appropriate chemicals, supplies, and equipment, which have been approved for use according to GCPS Policies and Procedures, to perform assigned custodial care tasks.
3. Maintain custodial care tools and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe working condition according to instructions and guidelines of the GCPS Custodial Care Program.
4. Open and secure assigned facilities or grounds areas at the time(s) instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
5. Suggest alternate cleaning practices, products, tools, or equipment for the GCPS Custodial Care Program and assist the Environmental and Supply Services Department in related evaluations to identify those that are more efficient or effective.
6. Maintain appropriate, positive, and cooperative working relationships with team members, assigned facility staff, and other GCPS employees in all work related interactions.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HELPING STUDENTS ACHIEVE
Gwinnett County Public Schools provides a quality and effective education for all students by focusing on its core business of teaching and learning. Since its inception in 1996, GCPS’ AKS curriculum has reflected the collective wisdom of thousands of educators and community members who worked together to determine what students need to know and be able to do in order to be successful at the next grade level and in the future.